Friday, February 24, 2012

Roxanne's Adventure

This is a story my friends and I took turns writing a few years back. Enjoy!
<><>

Once upon a time,

There lived a lonely little Hermit crab, named Roxanne.

Roxanne lived alone on top of Mount Everest, where she was cold all the time. She had very little to eat, and what she could find, was disgusting. But poor Roxanne was to scared to leave the mountain, for she feared she would die quickly.

One day, Roxanne was awoken from a dead sleep, by a loud Bang! Roxanne slowly got up, and peeked out of the opening of her burrow. What she saw scared her so much, that she flew back into her shell. Looming over her, was Voldermort, Edwardo's brother! He picked her up, and started shaking her roughly, trying to get her to come out of her shell.. His thumb was right at her shell opening, so she pinched. Voldermort howled in pain. " I will make your life miserable, little crab!" He took out a paper bag, and dropped Roxanne into it. "You will be a prize for my son!" Voldermort flew down the mountain. Yes, flew. After a while he climbed into a carriage at the bottom of the mountain. He dumped Roxanne on the seat next to him, and rolled down the carriage windows. "Back to my castle!" he yelled at the driver. They jerked forward. Roxanne was panicking, and rapidly thinking of a way out. She stuck her feelers out of her shell slowly, as not alert Voldermort, who was looking the other way. Then she sensed the window. "I can't! I just can't!" She whispered to herself. "You have to if you want to get out." Said a little voice in her head. Roxanne judged the distance between her, and the window. She looked at Voldermort, who was now arguing with the driver. With one crazy move, she was hurtling though the window! She ducked into her shell before the hit the soft grass of a beautiful meadow. "NO!!" She heard Voldermort scream. Roxanne slowly came out of her shell after a long time. She smelled something delicious. There. A few feet away, was an old, rotting mango. Roxanne made a running dash for it. She had the best meal of her life."Yum!" she said as she finished the last of it. She felt tired now. She dug a hole right where she was, delighted at how warm it was here. Just then.....


A voice said, "PUT ME BACK!!!!"

Roxanne looked around wildly, looking for the source of the squeaky, yet loud, voice.

"I'm in here!" it said. "In your stomach! And let me tell you, it is NOT PRETTY down here!!!"

"How did you get in me?" Roxanne asked.

"You ATE ME!" it, whatever it was, replied. "I was in that mango!"

"Um, I'm sorry?"

"Is that the best you can do? GET ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!"

"I don't know how!!!"
"Well then find out!"

"You aren't very nice."

"You wouldn't be either if you were in the belly of an over-sized spider!"

"I'm a hermit crab!" Roxanne said indignantly. "What are you, anyway?"

"I'm a maggot."

"EEEEEEEEUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!" Roxanne screamed. She took off.

"Where are we going?" the maggot asked.

"The vet! I'm getting you out of my belly you worm!"

"I'm not a worm!"

"I don't care!"

"You can't take me to the vet. Vets hate me! They'll KILL me!"

"I don't care! I want you OUT OUT OUT!!!!"

And so, Roxanne and the maggot set off...
As Roxanne was running the maggot was thinking of a way to make her stop,

finally it screamed "Wait!!! I can help you! How did you get here?!?!"

Then Roxanne realized that she didn't know where she was or where she was going!

She stopped and said "How can you help me, I'm all alone!"

Suddenly she felt really scared. Then she heard a loud noise be hind her, she looked around and

saw...

A giant dark green lizard!
AAAHHHHHH!!!!! screamed Roxanne
"What is it" said the maggot. Roxanne ignored it, turned, and ran for her life.
"Wait! Don't leave! I just want to be your friend! I heard about your dilemma with the maggot and I can help you. I have a long tongue and I can use it to get the maggot out."
Roxanne trusted him, so she allowed him to get it out. "Thank you. My name is Roxanne. What is yours?"
The lizard replied...

"My name is Big Hoss." he replied.

"Big Hoss?"
"Yep!" Big Hoss said.

"But why is yo-"

"epyepyepyoooh!Singalad singalad!" chanting sounded in the distance.
"What's that?" Roxanne asked, alarmed.

"It's my royal court." Big Hoss said. When Roxanne looked confused, he said "I am a prince. My real name is Prince Hossaelie of Rosemite. But I go by Big Hoss." he said proudly.

"You're a prince?!" Roxanne said, amazed.

"King, soon." Big Hoss was beaming. "That is Sir Hipple right over there." he pointed to a large light green lizard walking in front of a chariot. The chariot was being pulled by big purple grasshoppers. And sitting in the passenger seat, was a beautiful green lizard. She was wearing purple eye-shadow, and black mascara on her huge, thick eyelashes. But, the funniest thing was, she had a full head of long blonde curls, which were shining under the suns rays.

"Who is that?" Roxanne asked.

"That is my beautiful princess, Lucinda of Okaple." he sighed, love burning in his eyes as he looked at her. Just then....
Voldermort jumped out of the bushes, and grabbed Princess Lucinda of Okaple!
"My son can feed you to his snake!" and then he was gone.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" Big Hoss wailed. He dashed after the princess.

"Stop!" Roxanne yelled. "We'll never get her back without a plan."

"We?" he asked.

"Well, I think I should help, seeing as you helped me... that is, if you even want my help..." she said, downhearted.

"Of course I want your help! You are the Chosen One! The prophecy told us you would rescue the princess!"

"If you knew that, why didn't you just keep Princess Lucinda away from here?"

"Uhh... um..."

"Let's just go."
They, along with all the soldiers, started after Voldermort and the princess.
" I don't ...think I can keep... up much longer" panted Roxanne.
"But we need to get Lucinda!!" cried Big Hoss.
"I know, but my legs aren't as fast as yours!"

"UUHHGG! Well, what should we do!" said the Big Hoss suddenly getting really mad.

"Here, I'll climb on your back and we you can carry me! I only way like 50 grams or something like that!"

"But I'm the prince! You can't ride on the prince! The prince is supposed to ride on you!"

Roxanne glared at Big Hoss for what felt like an hour.

" Oh, fine!" Big Hoss sighed. So Roxanne climbed on Big Hosse's back and they set off again on their perilous journey to find Voldermort and the princess...
They continued on and on until, finally, they came to Voldemort's castle. It was huge and the many lofty towers loomed above them. But Roxanne wasn't scared. At least, not until the giant guard platypus stomped his webbed feet to bar the way into the castle. Redamentorapademoso–that was the platypus's name, said, "Just take her, I'm tired today." It said in a booming voice. As it spoke it reached into the castle and grabbed Lucinda, handing her to Big Hoss. There was much cheering and applauding, and as they set home, Roxanne smiled. She finally had friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment